Sunday, October 16, 2011

Trick or Treat Trail

Fall.  Many wonderful things happen in Fall.  The leaves change, the world becomes even more beautiful, and you get to wear all those cute sweaters that have been patiently waiting for you in your closet.  Another great event happens in Fall, no it's not my Birthday.  It's Halloween!!  Years ago this holiday never left me feeling all warm inside and frankly I could of done with out it.  Having children however really does change everything.  I think this holiday is so much fun now!!  I love dressing up our girls and doing fun family things together, especially if there is free candy in the end.  All week long I had been hearing from different friends about this fun Trick or Treat trail that takes place at this local park.  It was terribly windy, a little cold, but turned out to be a blast.  We had so much fun and the girls loved yet another new adventure in our new home.
The one thing I didn't realize was that the "trail" literally meant a trail through the woods.(note to self: do not wear heeled boots next time!)
We had to register in advance to make sure we each got a free pumpkin.  Have I ever mentioned I love free stuff??
Great photo-ops.
"Hay!"
No Trick or Treat trail would be complete with out balloon animals.

It really was a fun and very busy day.  I won't bore you with the details, but lets just say I ended the day almost calling 911 because I thought someone was trying to break into our house and it turns out it was just great new friends trying to surprise us with treats on our doorstep.  All of it allergy safe for our kids.  I guess sometimes the scariness of Halloween can really get to me.  ;-)

On a complete side note: Violet tried to eat cheerios for the first time today.  I will let you judge for yourself her thoughts on this...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backround

Followers