What a GREAT birthday! The big 29 came and went yesterday and the race is on to the even bigger 30. My thought "bring it on!" I am just so LOVING my life that the idea of another year to enjoy it sounds great. As I keep getting older I am realizing 29 things....
1. I know the only thing I can control is my attitude.
2. I came to find out I LOVE pedicures. (thanks Monk)
3. I love being married. My hubby is truly my soul mate.
4. I love my kids laughter more than almost anything in the world
5. I love Chocolate(okay that I knew a long time ago).
6. I really love people who love me for me(pregnant and all).
7. I am very blessed with parents who worry too much, but I know love me.
8. Your siblings really can be some of your closest friends.
9. The "attitude of gratitude" is not just a cliche.
10. "With God anything is possible."
11. Not a shocker...but I love being spoiled! But, I also love to spoil others.
12. There is a lot more to being a parent then just feeding, clothing and putting a roof over your kids heads.
13. The more I learn, the less I know!
14. Pink really is my favorite color.
15. Laughter is truly the best medicine. I LOVE to laugh!!
16. The Book of Mormon is true.
17. Lobster really is worth the price...YUM!
18. I love people who make just as much of an effort as I do in a relationship.
19. Music really does change your mood.
20. Dancing with Moroni and our girls is one of my favorite things.
21. I love to smile and I LOVE fun!!
22. Moroni is a better dancer than me. However, I think together we are magic.
23. Nothing better than a sweet book that makes you happy.
24. No matter how hard you try you will lose "hair pretties" and socks every single day.
25. You can not change someone else's attitude.
26. No one can "make you feel" anything. We choose to feel that way.
27. I LOVE being a Mom and I LOVE having 3.5 girls.
28. The power of prayer is true. God is always listening. We simply have to talk.
29. MIRACLES happen everyday!!!
Here is to another 29 years!!!
(What's on your list?)
Friday, October 15, 2010
Ellie had a soccer game last night that ended right around dusk. As all the parents and children were folding up chairs, saying goodbyes and heading towards their cars we all stopped at a movement running across the soccer field. It was a SKUNK and it was CHARGING. I have never seen a mass of people move so fast and buckle in so quickly. Chairs were thrown in the backs of cars, children were screaming about a skunk and fathers who were other wise very manly were rushing to get into the cars as well. The whole event only took minutes but I could not stop laughing at the absurdity of this one little black and white animal and how much control it had over dozens of people. I don't even think an Elephant could of cleared a soccer field as fast as this little skunk. The last we saw of it, it was headed towards to port-a-pottys.
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
The weather has been great these past few days. You would never believe it is October in WI. Here are some fun things the girls have been up to...
Madelyn likes this chair. The funny part is it is totally breaking.
Ellie decided to do her homework outside under a nice umbrella. She loves Math so much that she does extra Math work every night.
Savannah decided to try out some new "skates" our sweet friend Amy gave us. Thanks Am!
Madelyn was laughing so hard as Daddy and Savannah skated her around our house. I love the sound of our kids laughter!!
Mana and Papa stopped by this weekend and Madelyn was in 7th Heaven. She loves Papa more than Mommy. Papa is her hero.
So onto the funny story. A couple of days ago a sweet friend brought me chocolates and a card to cheer me up(which it did). Well, I being a chocolate lover did not want to share. So when Madelyn asked me what it was I told her it was "medicine." Well, this morning Daddy decided to sneak some of Mommy's chocolates but when he turned around he found Madelyn standing there. She looked at him and stated "Daddy that's Mommy's medicine"(in her cute two year old way). Laughter really is the best medicine of all.
Later on today a BIG brown box came in the mail. It was a box full of adorable maternity clothes. My BFFBM Meggie sent me(from Utah) all of her maternity clothes that she thought I would need/love. It was truly such a blessing and I am already wearing one of her shirts:). Thank you my dear sweet friend. THANK YOU to all of my sweet friends that have lent me maternity clothes. Violet and I are truly enjoying it.
Miracles happen everyday!!
- ► 2011 (83)