Friday, March 26, 2010

These are the moments...

Today I woke to the sound of something "sucking" in my ear and at first I thought I was dreaming and I was being pulled into a vacuum. Then I realized it was Savannah sucking her thumb and wanting to snuggle up with Mommy. Half conscious I rolled over and fit her next to me. The "sucking" noise did not stop. Not even a minute later I feel Moroni moving closer as he also has a little one that needs a morning snuggle. Ellie had come in and wanted to join in. Moroni did not realize that Savannah had also come in and so we all sandwiched in and enjoyed a few minutes of resting. In that moment of no space, a sucking noise and lots of blankies, I realized that "these are the moments!" These are the moments that one day we will look back on and wish we had again. These are the moments we will think of when we see little children after ours are grown and gone. These are the moments that I will not spend one more moment wishing away. I hope to remember that when I am awoken every morning at 5:30 :-).

4 comments:

  1. oh...so sweet! Thanks for the good reminder, Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe!! I kind of feel the same way with Seren's need to sleep with me every night. They don't stay little forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good thoughts. We're still having kids snuggle in bed with us in the middle of the night. Someday we will break Michael of that habit!j/k

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was the nicest post, made me a little teary-eyed. I love that you love being a mom, it really shows in everything you do. Some moms are kind of negative and take for granted the blessing that they have, but you dont! You're a great example!

    ReplyDelete

Backround

Followers