Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Remembering...

This past week has brought to my attention how much we need to remember certain things in life.  I remember going to the zoo when I was little and I loved seeing the elephants.  Now there are no more elephants at our zoo.  But, I REMEMBER!
Here is Savannah in front of what use to be the elephant area.

I remember when I was a kid my Dad telling me all about Polar bears.  I remember LOVING them.  I would look forward to seeing them everytime we went.  It's fun now that our kids like them so much too.  Ever since they were little they always wanted to take pictures in the polar bear cut out.
Here is Ellie with her annual polar bear picture.

Here are some fun times on a cool park.  I remember LOVING a great park!

I remember always LOVING the water.  I loved to swim.  Our girls got to swim over this past week on our getaway to Chicago.  I will always remember the times that we stayed in a hotel so we could swim. 
Here is Savannah all ready and willing to get in the water
Here is Daddy and Madelyn.  She was neither ready or willing to go into the water.  It turns out Madelyn still hates the water.  I wonder if she will remember one day how much she SCREAMED when we tried to take her in?  It reminds me of funny storys of my awesome brother Doug and his fear of the water.

I remember always loving hide and go seek.  Even when it was dark out I loved to see if I could get the best hiding place and where would it be?  Would they find me first?  Last?  I loved the thrill of it all.
Here is Ellie finding in my opinion, one of the best hiding places I have ever seen.  We could not find her.  It really was so creative.  I hope she remembers the feeling of finding this amazing hiding place.

I remember when I was 12 and I got to go to the Chicago Temple for the first time.  It was wonderful.  What I remembered most however was the AMAZING fountain that sat out front.  As an adult I still love and cherish this fountain.  It has been there for a lot of great mile stones in my life.  Seeing it again this weekend brought back a lot of great memories.

It really is beautiful!
Moroni and I in front of OUR fountain and Temple

Most of all Easter reminds me to REMEMBER what is really important! 
Just us five on Easter Sunday

So I will strive to remember even though it seems everyday I forget even more than the day before.

2 comments:

  1. So cute! I need to take a couple of temple pictures next time I go. I never think of it...what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed your thoughtful post. Sounds like you had a fun getaway.

    ReplyDelete

Backround

Followers