Friday, April 30, 2010

A Pleasant Surprise

I LOVE surprises.  LOVE THEM!  The thing that is the hardest for me however is actually being surprised.  I just always know when something is up.  Moroni has tried many times to surprise me with some gift or a getaway and I always ruin it for myself because I have to figure it out.  There have been a few times in my life that I have been truly surprised.  One, for my 20th birthday my friends and Moroni threw me a huge surprise party.  I had NO IDEA.  There were lies, a fake surprise birthday party, and kidnapping involved.  It was one of my favorite memories of my whole life.  Two, when Moroni proposed with the perfect ring and setting.  It was magical and just how I dreamed it would be.  Three, the day Ellie was born.  We thought for sure she was a boy.  Then surprise...a girl!!  It was one of the best surprises.  Four, my 28th birthday where I got spoiled with four days of birthday.  Including a surprise kidnapping from three of my dearest friends in the world..  I get teary just thinking about it.  I was so touched and I felt so loved. 

So you can see why I would be surprised when a sweet friend of mine showed up on my doorstep two days ago with one of my favorite indulgences...a Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake. 

It truly is one of the sweet pleasures of life.  The thing that was so touching was that this friend(and you know who you are), remembered how much I loved this cheesecake and just picked a slice up for me while she was in Madison.  Just because.  I was more touched than I could express.  Yes, it really is as good as it looks!!

Most people who know me would not be surprised that I loved to shop.  I however was shocked when I strolled into Children's Place this week and all of their $40 Easter dresses were marked down to $4.99!  That's right $4.99!!!!  So not surprisingly I had to buy a few.

I got one of these in each of the girls sizes.  It's a tradition to buy them each a fun 4th of July dress.

There really is something magical about surprises.  I hope each day I can be surprised with new moments and even more favorite memories.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so proud to be one of the masterminds behind the 20th birthday surprise. It wasn't easy tricking you! I love the dresses, and way to go on getting a great deal!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you got out to the store afterall. My mom wanted to get Lara a few things, so I snuck out tonight with Lara and got $120 worth of clothing for $20. Can you believe it???!!!!! I LOVE a good deal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deb!
    Speaking of blog stalking...I had checked your blog a little while back and saw this cute dress, and so now if you check my updated blog :) you will see a very similar dress on Lily! I told Heidi I thought it was so cute and she picked it up for me while she was at the Children's Place! Lily just loves it.
    Your blog is great! Your family is adorable and your girls are just darling!! I was so excited to hear from you. It's been a long time, but it's fun to see what you're up to!

    ReplyDelete

Backround

Followers