Friday, May 14, 2010

Royal Feast and long lost friends...


I had the pleasure of being a servant in Ellie's class as they wrapped up their study of fairy tales. They had an old fashion royal feast where there were costumes, food, a royal parade, parents as servants and lots of fun.


 Here is Ellie during the Royal parade through the whole school.

The AMAZING table.  Notice the bread and grapes laid out for the eating.  No utensils at this feast.

The kids were really into it.  The best part was when they wanted more food they simply clapped there hands and stated "more chicken" or "more drink."  Just like it would of been back then.  Ellie got very into it.  They were told that they shouldn't say please but, that they should say thank you.

It was so much fun.  I was so grateful to be a part of it.


LONG LOST FRIENDS...
Sometimes you meet people in life and they are forever a part of it.  I look back to my days of college and there are about a dozen people that I feel truly changed my life.  One of them I got to re-connect with yesterday.  Her family has recently moved to WI and we got to get together and play.  The last time we saw each other we had blond hair, no kids, and I swear she was shorter...

Jen and Me.  Sorry about the 'mist' we had to endure.  We laughed about how funny our hair would look in all of our pictures that day.

Our kids: Madelyn, Savannah, Ben and Ryan(Ellie and Brooke are not pictured). 

Savannah was so cute.  We drove separately to the zoo and the whole way she kept asking about "the boys."

Even Madelyn joined in the Zoo(rainy) fun.

Savannah and Daddy.

Thank you to Jen and her family for a great day. I love our memories that we share and I am so glad we get to make even more of them.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Looks like you've had lots of fun lately!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea for a school activity! Knowing Ellie she probably had a tough time not saying please....aka palalala:)

    ReplyDelete

Backround

Followers