Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Last Day

I got in the car today to pick up Ellie from Kindergarten and it was for the last time.  As I drove up and pulled behind the many other parents picking up kids I was surprised to see how emotional I became.  Today was the last day my baby is ever going to be a kindergartner.  She is growing, learning and becoming even more of a little person.  So as I drove around and saw Ellie our cute little kindergartner I was filled with a lot of memories of the days and years leading up to today.  Before she went to school Moroni and I proceeded to tell her all these funny things about her when she was a baby.  She laughed and loved every minute of it.  So this goes out to all the Mom's who like me realized that their babies are growing up and there is nothing we can do about it but enjoy it. 

Congrats on a great year Ellie!!  1st grade here we come...

2 comments:

  1. Why do they have to grow up so fast?!? Teagan is already talking about 1st grade and she's only been out of school since Friday. I was the same way as a child. Kids need to come with a pause button.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you, Deb. I cried on Lara's first day of kindergarten, and I cried on her last.

    ReplyDelete

Backround

Followers