Sunday, May 8, 2011

What I love best about being a Mom to Ellie, Savannah, Madelyn and Violet and also being Moroni's wife!

Our family pretty much rocks.  I mean it.  Ours kids are active, healthy, happy and beautiful from the inside out and Moroni and I are even happier together now than the day we got married.  This has been such a wonderful Mother's Day weekend.  Yesterday was the second annual(for us) Roxbury Rural Run.  It was so much fun.  Moroni of course ran his 10K and did so amazing.  He beat his time last year by almost 6 minutes.  His miles were each a little over eight minutes.  I continue to be more proud of Moroni everyday that we are together.  He has taught me to truly set goals in life and then accomplish them.  The best part of Moroni's running fever has been the fact that it has worn off on the girls.  They each want to be runners just like their Dad.  So why not let them experience their first race.  Ellie did the kids country mile and ran the entire time.  Moroni ran with her and taught her all about pacing herself.  She discovered that people who ran really fast at the beginning couldn't keep up with that same momentum the whole run and she ended up passing them.  It was such a strong lesson for her to learn about life.  Savannah ran the Roxbury Half-Pint, Half mile.  Again Moroni ran with her and she was so proud of herself.  She crossed that finish line with a huge smile on her face.  I was so proud to be a part of our family yesterday.








Today is Mothers Day.  I love my Mom so much.  I also love the Mom I got when I married my sweet hubby.  Both are amazing women and loving Mothers who I hope I can be more like.  I remember when I was little and how excited I would get to sing to my Mom on Mothers Day during church.  Now that I am a Mom I get to experience this same feeling but now I get to be the one that is sung too.  My girls are so sweet and as they sang today I had tears in my eyes at the knowledge that these sweet spirits picked me as their Mom.  I don't know why they thought I would be worthy of their love, but I am so grateful and I love being their Mom!  Last night I was also spoiled by Moroni with a surprise date to Red Lobster(my favorite restaurant).  The shrimp was amazing and the company even better. 



So these are the reasons why I love being Ellie, Savannah, Madelyn and Violet's Mom and Moroni's wife.  I really am blessed!
PS Right now the girls and Moroni are making me homemade Lasagna...YUM! 

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Moroni, Ellie, and Savannah!!! Great pics! Miss you all!

    ReplyDelete

Backround

Followers